Friday, March 26, 2010

April 16th, 1998: Ink & Dagger, the Enkindels, Torn Apart, Metroschifter, Prisoner of Conscience @ Supreme Imperial, Baltimore, MD

This is one of my favorite shows I ever booked as Ink & Dagger is one of my favorite bands ever. Initial Records was promoting the hell out of this "Initial Weekend" mini-tour with Ink & Dagger, the Enkindels, and Metroschifter. I don't remember where the other shows were but I was kinda surprised they picked Baltimore for one of them. Obviously, Ink & Dagger were fucking incredible at this show. As you can see from the pictures, they were over doing the make-up by this time. This was the first time I had actually gotten to see them so I was kinda bummed. I don't know shit about playing music but I always thought Don Devore was a really unique guitar player. I think this was early enough that they were only playing stuff from the 7"s. The first full-length wasn't out yet. Great band. This wasn't too long after Enkindel went from being a fairly standard 90s indie/punk band to a fairly decent rock n roll/punk band and changed their name to The Enkindels. I can't remember if "Buzzclip 2000" was out by this show but I don't think it was. Gus Bowman loves that record. I think it's a pretty good summertime record. Really poppy rock n roll stuff. The schtick was a bit much, but it was all in good fun. This was one of the last Torn Apart shows with Drew Nelson on bass. Drew rules. I think "The 59th Session" had come out pretty recently and I always thought that was their best stuff. I never cared much for Metroschifter, but they were decent enough. I remember Johnny from P.O.C. pushing really hard to have me put them on this show. I think he thought this would be their chance to play in front of some bands that would "get" them. This was actually one of the better sets I would see them play. The flyer is a Damon Pieri joint. I took the pictures.

No comments: