Tuesday, April 13, 2010

July 24th, 1998: Shai Hulud, Overcast, Built To Last, Tony Stark, Section 8 @ The Funnel, Baltimore, MD

My memory is a little hazy on this one, but I know I booked Overcast at the Vault (the Bank, the Funnel, whatever it was called at the time) at some point. I'm pretty sure this was the one as it was a last minute move, most likely due to the fact that we couldn't get a hold of our guy at the Supreme Imperial (which we would come to discover was due to his getting arrested for drug possession). This is another one of those shows that would probably fill a venue like Sonar these days (at least the two headliners), but drew maybe 60 people on this night. I couldn't tell you anything about the first three bands. I think Built To Last was from California, and I think Tony Stark was members of Maximum Penalty or some other B-level NYHC band. I have no idea who Section 8 was. I remember Overcast killing it at this show and Shai Hulud boring me to tears. More comic book art for this flyer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure Built to Last were from CA, and had members that went on to Over My Dead Body.

Mike Riley said...

Jeff, you're becoming my go-to guy for filling in my mental gaps. I like it!

Unknown said...

haha, no problem. My brain is a wasteland of useless information.