Wednesday, September 15, 2010

March 21st, 1999: Turmoil, Torn Apart, the Judas Factor, the Old Grey Whistle Test @ Phantasmagoria, Wheaton, MD

I don't remember too much from this show except that I had never heard of The Old Grey Whistle Test before this night and I was really impressed by them. I believe they were from northern Virginia, but I couldn't tell you who was in the band or what any of the members went on to do. I don't even know if they ever put a demo or anything out. They were just a really good melodic rock-influenced hardcore band. If anyone has any info on them, or knows of any available recordings, please let me know. The Judas Factor was Rob Fish's band after 108 broke up. They had a similar discordant heavy sound, but none of their stuff ever really grabbed me like 108 did. Torn Apart were always fun to see live and I liked Turmoil live better than I did on record. There's a couple songs they have that just slay in a live setting. Chris Brady did this show.

No comments: