Monday, November 15, 2010

January 15th, 2000: Gamewinner, Crash Davis, El Secondhand, Choker, Looks Like Rain @ Sushi Cafe, Baltimore, MD

We now make our way into the 21st century. Exciting stuff. Looks Like Rain's second show. I remember this one being small but fun. Choker featured Chris Camden and Dwayne Bruner from Cross My Heart letting their love of the Doughboys shine (pun intended). Great band. I don't think they ever recorded a proper demo, but I know there were some live tracks floating around cyberspace. El Secondhand were a melodic punk band from NJ who could cover Slayer better than any band I've ever seen. Great dudes. Not sure what any of them are doing these days. Crash Davis was a pretty decent fast hardcore band from western Mass. Gamewinner played with them on their first tour and returned the favor here. I don't know if anyone from Crash Davis went on to form new bands either.

2 comments:

It_Follows said...

thats a damn good question about Crash Davis. I picked up their demo 7inch YEARS ago on a whim and plan to post it on my blog.

I think this is the first time ive seen anyone else mention them, granted im on the west coast.

-Jon/It Follows

S. Dwayne said...

This was a fun show! Thanks for the kind words.

Choker actually recorded a couple of different times but the EP didn't get released until recently.

feel free to grab it here:

http://choker.bandcamp.com/