Monday, January 2, 2012

July 20, 2000: Engine Down, the Future Perfect, Ampersand, Looks Like Rain @ Ottobar, Baltimore, MD

Hey there. It's been a while. Sorry about that. My one new year's resolution for 2012 is to get this going again. I welcome your participation. Any memories you have about any of the shows or bands I post, please feel free to contribute. Thanks for checking this out...

One of these things is not like the other. Don't ask me why Looks Like Rain got asked to play this, but I'm glad we did because all the other bands were great. I never owned any of Engine Down's albums but I always enjoyed seeing them live. So tight and really interesting songs. I'm not sure if any of them are still making music. I hope so. The Future Perfect - first of all, great band name - I've mentioned them before on here. Cool band featuring former members of Blank and Bridgewater. The brothers Silanskis both played in the band. Any band with a family connection already has a leg up. There's a connection there that can't be denied. I don't think they ever recorded anything which is a bummer. I promised a friend I'd send him rips of the Ampersand demos and EP a while back and still haven't done so. I'll try to do that this week and post them here as well.

3 comments:

d.manganaro said...

I think I remember some Misfits covers being played at this show.
Ampersand did London Dungeon I think. I forget what Misfits song LLR did.
I still have my Ampersand sticker on my space heater at my dad's house.

Mike Riley said...

Nice. LLR used to cover Where Eagles Dare. I love that you remember that about this show.

moe jitra said...

I was such a Bridgewater fan that I refused to like The Future Perfect. I also have a minidisc mix that has the Bridgewater 7" and Engine Down that I made cause of this show.