Wednesday, January 11, 2012

August 5, 2000: Standfast, What Lies Ahead, Shock Radio, the Chase @ Sushi Cafe, Baltimore, MD

This one was an Andy Norton joint. Standfast were a screamy emo/hardcore band from Rochester, NY. They had a lot of friends in Baltimore so would come down here often, but they actually canceled this show. Rory now sings for Soul Control, Nate now plays guitar in Polar Bear Club, and Brian is the head chef at a vegan restaraunt in Boston called Veggie Galaxy. I'm not sure what the other guys are doing these days. I have no idea who Shock Radio were.

Andy Norton: "I was pissed at those dudes for years. Nobody contacted me about canceling until a year later!"

2 comments:

The Dying Machine said...

Shock Radio were another pre-Takeover band from VB. Paul (also from Handplant) sang, and Turbo (now in White Denim) played bass. Bobby who played on the first Takeover EP also played guitar. I forget who else was in though...

Mike Riley said...

Ah, sweet. Thanks!