Monday, June 7, 2010

January 6th, 1999: the Exploder, Majority Rule, Bulletholes & Bloodstains, Daybreak, Page 99, InSpite @ the Chop Shop, Baltimore, MD

This was a very last minute show set up when the Exploder and Majority Rule were touring together and had a show fall through. I think it was booked on maybe ten day's notice or so. This was the first time that I saw Page 99 that they really blew me away. I know they had the demo out. I can't remember if either of those first two split 7"s were out at this show or not. I remember hanging out at Reptilian Records later that week and Tony and I both telling Chris that they were a band he needed to work with. Bulletholes & Bloodstains was a grind band featuring the one and only Joe Mitra. I can't remember who else played in the band. This was pre-"Interviews with David Frost" Majority Rule. They were a solid band then but I think they really matured and came into their own with that record. The Exploder were awesome as always.

No comments: