Thursday, July 21, 2011

June 28, 2000: Dillinger Escape Plan, Candiria, Burn It Down, National Acrobat, Killswitchengage, Caste @ St. Andrew's Church, College Park, MD

I only remember seeing Dillinger Escape Plan and National Acrobat at this show. Most likely because those are the only bands I cared about seeing. Actually, I remember seeing a little bit of Candiria and thinking they were awful. Caste featured the only and only Beast, aka Alex Henderson, Pulling Teeth drummer. I remember hearing their EP and thinking they liked Torn Apart a lot. I used to work with the singer, Durv, and know he was super into Candiria as well so that probably found it's way into their sound somewhere. Killswitchengage was at least one of the dudes from Overcast. I think they got pretty big in the Alternative Press/Decibel metal world but I couldn't tell you for sure. They were no Overcast. Burn It Down were actually pretty good but I didn't realize it at the time. Hindsight.

No comments: