Saturday, May 14, 2011

February 22, 2000: Althea, River City High, Boom Boom Cats @ Ottobar, Baltimore, MD

I went to this show to see River City High. I'd never heard of Althea before but they were great. I picked up their EP. Still have it, but haven't listened to it in a while. Real catchy indie/pop/punk. I'll have to dig it out and post it. I have no idea if any of them went on to do any other bands. I'm not sure if I watched Boom Boom Cats. They were a rockabilly band with punk rock roots, but not punkabilly, from the area. I didn't know any of them at the time but I currently work with their bass player, Lee Verzosa. He's a tattoo artist at Ghost Town in Ellicott City and does the labels for Stillwater Artisinal Ales. He recently did the artwork for a Pulling Teeth shirt as well. Great dude.

1 comment:

chwi said...

I have never been able to say enough nice things about Lee since I met him years ago at one of my first "punk" shows.

To find out years later he's designing the labels for another old friend who now happens to be one of the best brewers in town...even better,