Sunday, August 5, 2012

December 20th, 2000: Strike Anywhere, The Hope Conspiracy, Kill Your Idols, American Nightmare, Rebel Scum @ The Bug Jar, Rochester, NY

Gus Bowman and I were just talking about this show a few days ago. He and I took a roadtrip with Pat Martin and Nik Korpon to this show and the one the next day in Ithaca. For some reason I don't have much of a memory of this particular show but I remember the one in Ithaca being surprisingly poorly attended. As Gus has a much better memory than I do, I'll share his recollections of this trip...

- Raeph, who drummed for KYI at the time, rode with us from Rochester and Ithaca and told some of the sketchiest stories any of us have ever heard. No, I will not repeat them.

- Jesse Standhard was giving out CD-r copies of the not-yet-released Right Bridge LP coming out on Revelation Records. Probably out of spite for all the drama surrounding the record. Read about that here.

- Andy KYI getting back to John 25's house from the spank shack next door, proclaiming "I just spanked it. Gotta freshen up."

- My car got towed and Paul KYI took me to get it. I have no recollection of this.

- Nik Korpon's tics going apeshit on the drive home, late at night, on a snowy ride, and those of us that were awake fearing for our lives.

Great roadtrip! Great bands!

John 25 made the flyer and I'd assume that Josh Lyons booked the show.

No comments: